Does your project need an open road? Located in Central Montana at the former Lewistown airport, Transcend’s research center offers four miles of real-world paved test surface, a highly innovative, multidisciplinary research staff, and a comprehensive communications, power, and data networking infrastructure. In short, we’re the only laboratory of our kind: diverse, isolated, and ready to test, develop, and research virtually any innovation that relies on the open road.
To date, we’ve tested de-icing equipment and techniques, evaluated animal detection systems, and confirmed the durability of fly-ash concrete. But with plenty of room, long stretches of road, and zero interruptions, we welcome you to use our facility for whatever you can dream up.
- Safety and Operations
- Infrastructure Maintenance and Materials
- Human Factors
- Winter Maintenance and Effects
- Road Ecology
- Systems Engineering, Development and Integration
- Specialized Driver Training
- Sensor Design
- Recycled Materials Utilization
- Vehicle Infrastructure Integration
- Intelligent Transportation Sytems
- Product Testing
- Winter Driving Conditions
- Infrastructure Corrosion